- Temporary shelter for up to 60 days
- Nutritious Meals
- Toiletries and personal needs
- Life skills classes
- Support to develop a plan of action
- Case Management
- Domestic Violence Advocate services
- Job and housing referrals
- Continued contact beyond placement
The temporary shelter includes: administrative offices, kitchen, dining room, dormitory style sleeping rooms, restrooms, living rooms, play room, showers, and laundry. A play area for children is located outside in the yard.
The Liberty Center operates on the contributions of local churches, private donations, corporate gifts, service groups donations, fund-raising and grants. Please consider remembering the shelter in your will or estate planning.
Applications for admittance are available Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Referrals to the shelter are accepted from local agencies and churches. Walk-in applicants are welcome. All applications are recorded in a confidential registry. A criminal background investigation and intake interview are completed before admission to the shelter.
- Be cooperative
- Respect others and their property
- Strictly comply with curfew
- Refrain from using alcohol or drugs
- Look for job daily if not employed
- Attend house meetings
- Attend life skill classes
- Work toward self-sufficiency
- Follow case plan
- Complete assigned chores
- No weapons